Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
KELIN works to ensure that human rights on reproductive health are integrated into policies, laws, and regulations. We do this by examining gaps at the county and national level and prepare recommendations for how to integrate relevant human rights. With respect to reproductive health and rights, it is particularly essential to:
- Utilize terminology that is internationally recognized and agreed on by the United Nations, World Health Organization and other such governing bodies
- Educate and train healthcare professionals, law enforcement, and communities on the rights afforded and restricted by the Kenyan Constitution with respect to sexual and reproductive health
- Build strategic partnerships to enhance the respect and protection of reproductive health rights.
Our key objectives under SRHR are five-pronged, namely:
- Contributing towards enhancing the legal and policy environment for reproductive health and rights
- Raising awareness and promoting dialogue with key stakeholders on reproductive health and rights
- Strengthening reproductive health and rights research and documentation
- Building the capacity of sexual and reproductive health rights advocates to lead advocacy efforts
- Creating an enabling environment for women to access justice for violations of their reproductive health rights.
KELIN staff working on SRHR
Saoyo Tabitha Griffith is the Programmes Manager for the SRHR thematic area. She can be reached at email@example.com.